Toshiba has unveiled an ultra-slim tablet, Toshiba AT200, in the market. The tablet is billed to be the thinnest Android tablet the world has seen till date. In fact, it is even thinner than the ultra thin Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, by 0.1mm. Not to mention, if we compare its thinness with iPad 2, it beats the latter by 1.1mm.
The price has'nt been confirmed as yet. However, if reports are to be believed, the tablet is expected to hit the market by the fourth quarter of 2011 and will come at a very affordable price.
So, what all is in store for us in the Toshiba AT200 Tablet?
• Runs on the latest Android operating system, Honeycomb 3.2.
• Has 25.7cm LCD screen with LED backlight. Also has multi-touch support and has 1,280x800 pixels.
• Is loaded with 1GB DDR2 RAM and can have upto 64GB internal memory
• Comes with micro-SD, micro-USB, Bluetooth, HDMI, Wi-Fi and docking port
• Is equipped with 3D Accelerometer, GPS, ambient light censor, electronic compass, and gyrometer
• Has a 2.0MP front camera and 5.0MP back camera.
• Has 2x1.5W stereo speakers and the Toshiba Media Player
• Measures 256mm x 176mm x 7.7mm
• Uses TI OMAP processor
• Battery that lasts for 8 hours
There are speculations that once it will be launched in the market, Toshiba AT200 might also have a USB host function which will be included n the micro-USB port. If this is true, than AT200 will be compatible be any flash drive or USB hard drive which will add good points to the tablet.
These days there are lots of tablets in the market trying to compete with the Apple iPad but their prices are so high that people have to think over and over again before buying one. If Toshiba AT200 will have the same price as Apple iPad then people will obviously go for Apple. So, Toshiba should come out with a good price in order to compete with Apple in the segment.